We’ve been nominated as one of USA Today’s best travel blogging couples. Readers are asked to vote for their favorite couple and the top ten will be revealed after voting closes on August 6, 2014. It is already a great honor to be nominated, but we sure would love to be in the top 10. So if you have a few minutes to spare, please head over to the voting page and vote for us. If you need some convincing why we deserve to be on the list, here are a few of our accomplishments:
- Traveled to more than 80 countries, but we aren’t country hoppers: India 18 months, Thailand 11 months, Indonesia 5 months, Philippines 5 months, Mexico 5 months, Kenya 5 months, China 3 months, Cambodia 3 months, Guatemala 3 months, Ethiopia 2.5 months, Egypt 2.5 months… we take our time.
- Trekked Annapurna Circuit and Sanctuary (26 days), Everest Base Camp and Side Valleys (23 days), Trans-Zanskar (20 days), Pulau Siberut (10 days), Rwenzori Circuit (8 days), Mount Kailash, Spiti Valley, Simien Mountains, Mulanje, Isalo… we love to hike. More to come in South America.
- Have seen mountain gorillas, lions, whale sharks, orangutans, cheetahs, sunfish, tigers, mantas, leopards, rhinos, elephants… more animals than most zoos or aquariums have… in the wild.
- Have scuba dived the currents of Komodo, wrecks of Busuanga, cenotes of the Yucatan, walls of Sipadan… 150+ dives each.
- Have visited over a hundred tribal groups in Africa, Asia, Oceania, Central America, North America and South America.
- Have ridden elephants, dromedary and bactrian camels, horses, ostriches while traveling. (Well, the ostrich was more of a gag in South Africa.)
- Both of us have spent most of our adult lives outside our native countries.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: In our 21 years together, we have spent more that 7 solid years traveling 24 hours a day with each other while staying in small hotel rooms… and we’re still together!!! If that doesn’t qualify you as one of the best travel couples, nothing does.